Thursday, March 22, 2012

Treasures FOUND sweet friends!!!


They may be small...but that's what I LOVE!
After owning my own antiques store and hauling big pieces of furniture
in and out of the shop, I so enjoy that now the treasures I search for
are really quite small and lightweight!!

I was able to smash all of these goodies
into my little carry-on suitcase
that I took and brought home from Waxahachie!

Here we go....
first, look at this amazingly old ink pad I found!
I don't care what's inside,
and I know it's all dried up but just look at
the incredible GRAPHICS on the case!!!!




This is my haul from the Petticoats on the Prairie show...
and a few goodies from the antique shops in Waxahachie too!





Precious vintage ear bobs from my sweet friend Troy...



I bought these photos for you...I promise I will scan them in and give them to you soon!





And I just love this wonderful bookmark Lisa found for me!




I have a thing for teeny, tiny buttons...



And look at these wonderful velvet leaves Troy and Rod had....
I think I was foaming at the mouth
when I found these!



Plus they had a wonderful doll clothes pattern too!
Troy knew right away that I would love it and pulled it out
of a bin for me ~ how cool is that?



I have fallen in love with velvet boxes.
This is a small one...but oh-so-pretty ~




Here are my purchases from The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie ~
They were so kind to host our Paper Cowgirl classes....
The metal tags will be perfect embellishments for my artwork,
and just look at the vanilla velvet ribbon....




Gifts from my precious friend Lisa....she so knows what I love!



And last, but certainly not least,
look what I found at the W-mart in Waxahachie....
Blue ticking and TAN ticking too!!!!
I HAD to get a couple yards of each :)



Well, that's my haul sweet friends!
I do have one little bitty thing coming with my tools
that Lisa shipped home for me and
I'll be sure to show you as soon as the package arrives ~

And just a little reminder....
If you'd like to create your own little Peat Pot Baby,
my Peat Pot Baby Tutorial is now in my shop!!!
Just click HERE to purchase for only 5.00 ~



I love the hunt but what I love more is THE FIND!

Wishing you an AMAZING Thursday dear friends ~
hugs and love,
Dawn




21 comments:

Kathy said...

Ooooh! Fabulous eye candy. Congrats on the great finds. Tan ticking? Seriously? I have never seen it before and so fun!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

How wonderful to have come home with such treasures, Dawn! Troy, Rod and Lisa always know just the right gifts!
Glad you had fun.
xoxo
Donna

peggy aplSEEDS said...

wonderful finds!

trash talk said...

So it's true...good things do come in small packages! Such tiny treasures but oh the big smiles they...and their memories...will provide in the days to come.
I'm crazy for the "Handy Darn Things". The name says it all for all your purchases!
Deb
P.S. EEEKKK! That bookmarker is precious. I rarely see anything monogrammed with a "D".

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Look at all the goodies you got, Dawn! Even though they are small, I can't believe you fit all that in your bag to bring home! Love the doll pattern and those ear bobs are stunning.

Vee said...

What a haul! So many nifty little treasures. I keep trying to read what that "Darn Things" package says. =D Love that you rescued so many children's photos, too. And does that pretty lady look a little like a long lost relative?

Simply Shelley said...

Wonderful finds they are too! Small is all I can manage these days :) Looks like you had a fun time in Texas...blessings

Theresa said...

Great finds! I love them all, I have a thing for those button cards too:) What a sweet bookmark, love it! Enjoy your day dear Dawn, HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Oh Dawn...I'll send you a self addressed postage paid envelope...just stuff all of those treasures in and send them my way :D LOL
~victoria~

ByLightOfMoon said...

HI Dawn,
You show such restraint when traveling! I have so many boxes of patterns I should share too! I did not show restraint when I found them!

I adore your findings and sharing your trip!

We are just now starting to get the yellow pollen in Western North Carolina. But, I have been gardening and enjoying being outside.

Smiles, cyndi

Dorthe said...

Dear sweet Dawn,
small,yes, but so very beautiful, and gorgeous treasures, did you bring home.
Love the button cards, and your green velvet leaves-UHHHH they are perfect, and the velvet box, and so sweet bookmark-you did find so many special pieces , and tiny is alwayes beautiful.
Sending love and hugs, precious friend.
Dorthe

luverlie said...

Love all your little treasures. Thanks for sharing them with us. Why do you guys have to be so far away????

Charlene said...

Oh girl if I had seen those velvet leaves first..........
You had a head start on the shopping in Hatchie girl! And you had an expert navigator. I LOVED hanging out with you so much. Hope to see you again soon. HUGS!
Charlene

Shopgirl said...

I love the fabric, and of course all of it. But I used red ticking fabric in my entry room of the kitchen, and I do love it. Have a wonderful Spring...Hugs Dear Dawn, Mary

My Sparrows Nest said...

Such pretty finds. I especially love the card of black buttons. My mouth dropped open at that one! WOW!!!

Beth Leintz said...

Even though I'd seen your treasures in person, it's fun seeing them in your vignettes- we like so many of the same things. I'm with you on the ink pad- who cares whats inside- I just LOVE the cover. And the velvet leaves are wonderful. Troy and Rod has such great stuff- I love to dig through those little bags of treasures.

Lily's Lace said...

I love all your treasures! I didn't know you use to have an antiques store! I bet you had wonderful stuff!! I need to unpack all my stash! Right now it's all hidden in my sewing room still in the sacks! Now that's just sad. Ok you have shamed me to get it all out and take photos too! Miss you sweet girl! xoxo-cindy

Barbara Jean said...

love your finds Dawn, but the coin purses my fave. I'm desperately looking for more for my bird nests.

blessings
barb

Tora´s Vintage Dream said...

Like I said - lucky you :) - your finds are awesome, looking forward to see what you make of that velvet box :) - and of course also looking forward for these adorable pic´s you're going to scan :) :)
Have a wonderful weekend dear Dawn hugs from Iceland

Rustique Gal said...

Dawn, What a haul! And each thing is wonderful. I lust after some of that lace and old pictures, and Love the stamp pad! Happy crafting with these things.
Hugs,
Sherry

Lisa said...

Hey sweetie,
Wow, you did good! I didn't see any of that cool stuff. Wish I'd seen those velvet leaves at troys. Hope Clara has the best little cowgirl birthday ever!
Lisa


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...