Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sweet, sweet Spring.....


Spring has definitely arrived here in Georgia!!!
Our high temps have been in the mid 80's and there is a
lovely yellow layer of sticky pollen on every thing outside!

I am happy though, I finally have four massive Boston ferns hanging
on our big ol' porch again and I don't know why,
but they always make me smile ~

A few precious shots of Clara her mama took the other day....



Clara is an animal whisperer just like her mama ~




I received a sweet little parcel while I was gone
from Honolulu, Hawaii!
I won a giveaway from Lilla of Just Lilla
and have always loved her beautiful artwork...
This piece is no exception either,
I just LOVE IT!!!
Thank you so much dear Lilla,
it's already hanging in my studio to inspire me.







We have wisteria growing here and there around the farmhouse...
mostly on the old fence that surrounds the property.
But it seems a few stray seeds must have
landed in the bed over the railing of our front porch.
They smell heavenly and are so beautiful but are chock full
of sneeze producing pollen!
Here are a few shots right over the railing ~





I've been busy getting a few goodies together for sweet Clara's 3rd birthday party
this weekend. We're having it here and it will be a "down on the farm" theme!!
Clara loves animals so much, it seemed just perfect :)

And today is our 31st wedding anniversary!
Wow. 31 years. Where in the world had the time gone??!!
I love you so much honey....here's to 31 more!!!!!

Wishing you a beautiful Wednesday precious friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn



15 comments:

marda said...

Lucky you having wisteria... to cold for it here...sorry it makes you sneeze!! Love the pics of Clara. Her cat looks very familiar...one of my son's cats has those same markings. My husband calls her "Spot"! Happy
31st anniversary..times does fly!!!And a happy 3rd birthday to Clara.. our grandkids growing up goes even faster.

Melanie Statnick said...

We are one in the same. The yellow pollen has covered all here in nc. Also the wisteria has been in full purple bloom. One of my favorites.

Lily's Lace said...

I love wisteria, it lasts for a short time in Texas before it gets too hot and dry to survive. Wow 31 years, well I know he got a keeper in you Miss Dawn. You have the kindest heart and the sweetest soul on earth. Congrats to you both! Oh and happy birthday to Clara! xoxox-cindy

liszha said...

What a sweet pics. Clara is such a cutie. Nice to see that she is already such a big animallover!

Dorthe said...

Precious friend- CONGRATULATIONS on your 31 years wedding day-I hope you have a beautiful day, dear Dawn.
One can tell Clara is an animal whisperer,the way she handles chickens and cats, so wonderful.
I could use some spring here ,too-it seems we have to wait some big time for that!
Love to you and hugs.
Dorthe

Simple Daisy said...

Lovely photographs!! And how lucky to have Wisteria!! I would love to grow some....but I don't know how it would do in my neck of the woods:)

Theresa said...

Happy Anniversary to you, 31 years of LOVE:) Clara is so precious with that kitten! I can't believe she is about to be THREE! I love seeing the wisteria but don't have any at my house! It is so beautiful and seems to just bloom overnight!

Enjoy your day on the farm dear Dawn, HUGS!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Happy Anniversary, Dawn! I can't believe Clara is going to be 3! Heck, I can't believe my own Evalyse is going to be 2 in July! I am waiting to make sure this weather doesn't change and bring us snow next week. We've been having 70's and 80's last week and this week. I'm looking to get at least one fern to hang outside our front door and I'm eager to plant my empty urn.

Unknown said...

that sweet petite clara is adorable!!! ;)

Vee said...

Happy Anniversary! When you can say that you'd do it all over again and you'd like 31 more wonderful years, I'd say that you have a wonderful life together.

Clara does seem to be communicating very well with the gray kitten. What fun it will be to have a down on the farm birthday party!

Shirley Hatfield said...

Happy anniversary! How I envy you the warm temperatures...so nice to have a lovely day while celebrating a lovely day. =D

Sandy said...

Happy Anniversary sweet friend!

That Clara is so adorable!

I hear you on the temps, we are getting 80's here too, way too soon, summer is gonna sizzle!

Hope the remainder of your week is filled with joy and blessings.

Emanuela @ My Little Inspirations said...

...Well...where do I start from?...Congratulations on your 31st anniversary and Happy Birthday to your little Clara!
The present you received is so charming! And your wisteria is gorgeous!!!

Emanuela

Rustique Gal said...

Dear Dawn, What a sweet bunch of pictures of dear Clara and the kitty. My niece and my cat Snuggles bonded like this-at 16 they are still hooked on each other.
Oh, I LOVE Wisteria, and it looks lovely hanging over your railings. It can be insidious, I guess. My Mom rips it out whenever it grows by her house. I aim to tame it over a trellis! Hugs,
Sherry

The Rustic Victorian said...

Hey MIz Dawn,
I have just had a wonderful time catching up for the last month. I have enjoyed each of your posts so much, the trip, class, art, friends and fun. Happy Anniversary! Happy Spring! And happy Clara too!
More Joy in your days!
Love
Marcie


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...