Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Still making stuff....I can't help myself ~


I really can't you know....
I'm making a few gifts for my precious students
who've been brave and purchased a seat in my class.
Out of twenty seats I sold twelve ~
and for my first teaching at Paper Cowgirls,
I am so honored to have had them choose my class!

This is just the project in the beginning stage but I had to show you something.
Do you recognize what I used on the binding???



Remember this stuff I found a Hob Lob in their Easter section?



It worked PERFECTLY as a binding on these journals....
I'm actually using my own altered composition notebook tutorial for these ~




I love turning something so completely ordinary into something special!!!!

Wishing you an amazing Tuesday dear friends ~
hugs and love,
Dawn



10 comments:

Anne said...

Dawn, you are such a Dear! This is going to be lovely...wish I was close enough to take one of your classes! ♥
Hugs,
Anne

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Dear Dawn:
I'm not in the least bit surprised that they want to take your class. It will be wonderful, I'm sure! I love your journal binding. We're getting a new Hobby Lobby right her in North Port. (I'm in trouble now! lol)
xoxo
Donna

Susan said...

Great idea for using the ribbon for the binding!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That's sweet of you, Dawn, to be thinking of giving a gift to your students. I love the way it looks. How great that the ribbon worked well as a binding; it goes really good with that patterned paper(?).

LBP said...

I would love to take one of your classes! The notebook is just adorable.

Blessings

Linda

Elderberry Dreams said...

So creative, and this is so pretty, as always. Have a wonderful day.

Maggie said...

Your students are going to go home with so many treasures (and treasured memories) from your class! They are lucky ones, indeed.

Dorthe said...

Oh the lucky students- not only getting time with you-learning your wonderful tecniques,but also being gifted- sweet Dawn- you are a precious soul, and such a dear friend.
The ribbon looks great, as a binding, and I love you painted it to look great with the papers used, which is also so lovely.
I had a wonderful week-end with Mathilde and the rest of the family,and loved it.
Hugs and love- to you sweetie.
Dorthe

NanaDiana said...

What a great finish to a lovely notebook. I hope your class is a really good experience for you and your students. xo Diana

Lorraine said...

Some lovely treasures.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...