Friday, March 23, 2012

For you dear friends....



I scanned these precious babies for you ~
be sure to look at the bottom of my blog for advice on how to save
the very largest size, and they are big!
Their faces are just precious....






We've been sprucing up a bit to get ready for Clara's birthday party and
just to prettify the place too!
I bought a teeny hydrangea bush
and planted it right under our bedroom windows ~




And I re-potted my new ferns in their wire baskets ~
I just love how they look on this old front porch!
Now to just water them every other day so they will flourish.



As much as I love the beautiful blooms,
I had to trim the front bushes and the wisteria,
it was encroaching on them and will take over if you let it!



The azaleas are blooming, this poor specimen is raggedy but so happy Spring is here.



I also bought a hanging basket that was filled with snapdragons ~
Surely they're not the kind that get really tall since they were sold in a hanging pot.
I had a beautiful wire basket that I lined with moss and re-planted them inside.
A perfect centerpiece for my little iron table on the porch!




It's beginning to look like Spring around this old farmhouse!

I hope Spring has arrived in your neck of the woods
and that you have a wonderful Friday sweet friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn





15 comments:

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Wow honey spring has arrived here at my neck of the woods but not near as beautiful as you are enjoying.
All of your flowers are just gorgeous.
Glad I came by tonight and was able to see all of these. Just Beautiful
Love
Maggie

Sonya Badgley said...

Dear Dawn, your ferns are so gorgeous on your front porch! And so are your other plants!! Oh, I want to see some in my yard! It snowed here! And that is rare! I am SO ready for Spring!

Thank you for your adorable photos of the babes. So sweet.

Enjoy your weather and Clara's birthday party!

XO,
Sonya

dellerd said...

Everything looks beautiful Dawn...loving all the colors and lovely plants you have picked out. The ferns look fantastic on the porch. I can't wait until we start seeing some color. You are always so sweet to share photo's, these are darling. Have a wonderful birthday party with Clara....

Dorthe said...

Dearest Dawn,
how very cosy, and beautiful it looks outside ,in your garden, already.And the big ferns in their baskets are fantastic hanging there .
Thankyou for the cute little ones- and for alwayes sharing your goodies.
Love and hugs and a happy week-end to you and Clara .
Dorthe

c. Joy said...

I'm having serious wisteria envy. I bought a plant last year and it did not bloom this year... maybe next. Your pictures are beautiful. What a wonderful front porch you have.

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous ferns and flowers!

Allie said...

Those little ones are adorable! Your flowers are beautiful too. Have a wonderful weekend. -Al

Sandy said...

Dawn,

Your porch looks so inviting! Love all the pretty blooms. It has been too wet and rainy here to do any spring planting, maybe next week.

I wanted to thank you again for posting on iPiccy. I have been playing with the tools like crazy and love all the neat effects, so easy too. I left you a link back in my post yesterday for sharing this wonderful new tool.

I hope you have great weekend!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I'm hoping to get a couple of ferns as beautiful as these, Dawn! I think it might be a bit too early for us though, even though we are having a heat wave in March. There are two hooks already out in front of our door {from the previous owner} and I just thought "ferns" right away.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Well sweetie, our spring hasn't sprung quite a fast as yours but I have a few greens peekin' up outta the ground so I have hope!

Your pictures are amazin' and thanks for showin' us all your beautiful bloomers!!! Heeehehehehe!

'Gotta work on that self~control thang!!!

Have an amazingly blessed weekend sweetie!!! :o)

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Hi Dawn! What gorgeous flowers! Hope sweet Clara has a wonderful birthday! Thanks for sharing the adorable vintage babies!
Michelle

Vee said...

Beautiful spring at your place. Those ferns are so lovely and make the house look all dressed up, don't they?!

Clara is going to have a beautiful party at the farm.

Petronela said...

astonishing photos and very touching honesty, I had to stop and say...congrats on your blog :).

Tutti Chic said...

What gorgeous flowers & so are the little ones! :) chris

Charlene said...

Thank you for sharing the photos with us!!! The flowers all look sooooooooo pretty. My hydrengeas aren't looking so good after our HEAT last year I think they're in shock. I KNOW I WAS! Miss you!
Charlene


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...