Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Back in the studio ~


I finally made a little something!
Lisa gave me this wonderful cloche
with a wooden base for my birthday last year...
It had some weird little wooden Santa made of blocks and beads inside.
Well, I tossed his behind out and cleaned the glass and base up.
She knew I would love to make something with it!!

Now it houses the sweetest antique photo of a little girl
holding her favorite teddy bear ~
I've added a bundle of millinery flowers tied with seam binding...
and trimmed the base with beautiful ribbons!




She's now listed in my Etsy store....



Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday dear friends!
hugs and love,
Dawn




9 comments:

Dorthe said...

Oh it is delightful to look at, dearest Dawn, the sweet girl, sitting there in her flower-bed, and the trim around the base looks so very ,very beautiful- such a wonderful creation, filled wit sweetnes and beauty, just like you are, my sweet friend.
Love and wishes for a happy day, to you.
Hugs,Dorthe

NanaDiana said...

Dawn- That little girl is just so sweet. I love that you have given her a little home world to call her own. Beautiful- xo Diana

Vee said...

I am quite certain that you turned the gauche to lovely. I have a few gauche things about...I should gather them and toss them into the craft room for further thought. Thanks so much, Dawn!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That little cutie reminds me of your Clara with the haircut, Dawn. I love these pieces. Every time I see a dome clock at the antique mart I always check out the price. I've used these a few times as cloches and I love the height you can get with them.

Lily's Lace said...

She's adorable Dawn! Man you create something almost every day, now that's impressive!! I even love the little detail around the bottom, precious! xoxo-cindy

Theresa said...

Soooooo beautiful! Have a blessed and creative day! HUGS!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Adorable image and what a fun project. Thanks for sharing your great talents on working with lots of unique pieces.

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Oh Dawn, my heart is going pitter patter. This is soooo sweet. I love the little ribbon in her hair, an excellent touch to complete her. ~ Abby

Rustique Gal said...

She's adorable, Dawn! I love the ruffly base of the cloche. The ribbons and pearls are a great touch. (so much better than an old Santa!)
Happy weekend!
Hugs,
Sherry


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...