Tuesday, October 18, 2011

True beauty ~





So what really is beauty?
I look at my skin sometimes...my eyelids in particular...
and I'm thinkin' "so just what is happening to my eyeshadow right now?"

I remember when I was dating my wonderful husband ~
looking in the mirror to make sure my face was as perfect as I could make
it just for him ~ we had such a great time dating one another!



And I remember how I felt in my twenties...young and oh-so-fresh-and-new...
With new angelic babies, trying to do everything so right ~ is that beauty?

These angels have grown into precious young men and I have grown older....
I see so many images on the television and the internet ~ seeing people that are my age
and I think, ohmygoodness.....they are MY age!!!

But what really is TRUE beauty?
I've always been so self conscious about my looks my whole life
but not in a vain way though ~
More in a "I may have a piece of spinach on my teeth" kind of way :)





I guess my point is,
true beauty is was lasts....
not the physical beauty that we see in front of us
but the beauty that is within us ~
how we love,
how we treat those around us...
and how we see life in general.

So, who cares about my makeup sliding off my face....
or the eyeshadow stuck in so many creases that I can't see it anymore ~

What really matters is who we REALLY are...
And how we love ~



Have a beautiful Tuesday dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn






14 comments:

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Thanks, I needed that. Hugs back.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Dawn ~ that is so beautiful! I totally agree with you ~ There are times that my husband and I look at people are age and are in awe that we are that age too! Oh my goodness!! I love what you said about true beauty ~

xoxo
Lori

Anonymous said...

I'm 39 and have been reflecting and coming to terms with aging. It's a transition from spending a lot of time on outer beauty to really going in and figuring out who I am and what I can do to make the real me better.
I was just telling my husband yesterday that I forget I'm not 17 anymore until I look down and see my hands. It seems like they should belong to someone else.

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I try to remember that when I see my eyelids starting to hang on top of my eyelids now....

Anonymous said...

It's really too bad that people can't see the inner beauty of people today ,if so there wouldn't be so many lonley people in the world

Pam said...

Dawn, you are beautiful inside and out! Thanks for the little pick me up about aging. I agree that it is challenging when you look in the mirror and don't feel like the image on the outside (older) reflects the person you still feel yourself to be on the inside (younger)!

blackenpot said...

Thank you for this, you are so right.

A good pick me up for an ageing lady.

Thanks for sharing.

At Home in English Valley said...

Dear Dawn, You cannot look in the mirror and see yourself, as we all do at a certain age and not notice the signs of aging. What I ask you to do is look in the mirror and see what Clara sees when she looks at you...pure love and affection. You are the most beautiful grandma in the world...as your sons see you, as the most wonderful Mom ever, as your husband sees you..the girl he fell in love with... and as we see you...as the sweetest and most generous heart in all of blogville!!! Love, Penny

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making such a vital point for women of "our age"! I often pass a mirror and casually glance in and don't recognize myself anymore. Then, I see myself photographed next to my twenty-something daughter and wonder - what on earth happened to me? I used to look like her . . .

But, you're right. As we age, we are filling up on the inside with wisdom and understanding. God transforms that into beauty by His Spirit. Our exterior make-up job may not be quite so attracting as in past years, but, if we are pouring out of all the well preserved beauty acquired in our interior lives, we attract all the better.

You always have plenty of beauty to pour out, Dawn. Thanks for your generousity!

Joy!
Kathy

Vee said...

Well said, Dawn, well said. I no longer use much makeup because it all looks awful in short order.

The Other Side of Me said...

Girl, I know what you are saying. Growing old is a privalage and I am grateful for every birthday!!!

Nice to hear from you, Sweetie. We are going to be at the Country Living Fair on Friday (me, Mom, Judy, Luz and my other friend Carla) If you want to meet up with us or have someone to go with let me know!!
Hope youa re doing great!
Love,
Tammy

Rustique Gal said...

Dawn,what a truly lovely post! I am so totally in agreement about true beauty. As we grow older the beauty of our character shines through the wrinkles and is seen by all. You are beautiful! and I realize by reading this that I am too, even though the mirror begs to differ. I still stick on the eye shadow and wear earrings, and check my teeth for spinach. If I don't I can fall into the gloomies! Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Sherry

Unknown said...

Love this post Dawn, how true it is! Now I don't put on make up anymore than lipstick, after the glasses come off who can see how to put on eye make up, will just be crooked, lol hugs my friend. My answer earrings help the old gal out, a great distraction from the rest of the wrinkles, so now lipstick, smile, laugh and earrings my dear and a great sense of humor helps!

B. said...

that quote is going in my quote journal.

B.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...