Monday, October 31, 2011

Sweet things ~


This past weekend I went nuts.
Cutting out sachets and needle books!
I have a few folks wanting them so I thought,
why not make a few extra, right?

I thought for sure I'd have a couple of finished goodies to show you,
but not quite yet :)
Can you get an idea of what I'm up to though?



I had this sweet old linen that had an embroidered owl on it...leaves, acorns...
It was pretty stained up so I picked the best parts to make sachets ~

The birds are from an old pillowcase. The center of the case was quite stained ~
so why not use the beautiful birds for a pincushion??




I play with hankies and other linens to see how pieces of them
will look on my needle book covers, do you like this corner?




I've been wanting to do this FOREVER!
I made my own covered button for this sachet out of a old embroidered linen....
saving a sweet flower to place in the center.


More dropcloth fabric sachets ready to be made :)
Doesn't this fabric have that French grain sack look??






A precious embroidered corner of an old hankie to adorn this barkcloth sachet ~



THEN....
we took off on a little jaunt Sunday afternoon
and I had a 50% OFF COUPON for Michaels
that I just had to use ~
(you can get it online and it's good for today too!)
Here are the goodies I walked away with:





Another button I covered...a sweet embroidered acorn ~ I just love this one....


A closeup of a tiny embroidered flower button I made ~




One of the needle books...in progress :)



A few more sachets in the making...and the one on top?
A teeny pocket sachet!
What shall I place inside?



Thank you so much for stopping by to see me...
for your precious comments and for caring about what I'm up to ~
You inspire me so!!!

Wishing you a wonderful Monday dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn



20 comments:

blackenpot said...

Such pretty needle books, and very practical.
I just love anything with lace or embroided materials.
Thank you so much for sharing this, and enjoy your new week.

Wendy @HerBallistic Garden said...

Those are beautiful! What a great idea for using old stained linens! Thank you very much. How about a sprig of dried lavender for your pocket sachet? Pretty and aromatic!

Anonymous said...

I love how you are combining a variety of linens to create something completely new. Beautiful!!!!!!!!!
Erin

Susan said...

Oh these are beautiful! I will have to borrow this idea. I have tons of old linens.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Dawn you totally inspire me! I love your sweet things and love how you put
everything together ~
Have a blessed week sweet friend!

xoxo
Lori

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this post, Dawn. More fun projects are in store for you!

Hugs, Diane

Theresa said...

Oh my goodness how gorgeous! You are mighty talented:) Have a blessed and creative day, HUGS!

Rhonda said...

Your images are incredible - so crystal clear.
You are going to have a ball creating these books.
I love coupon days at the craft stores.....great stuff!

Vee said...

Exceptional needlebooks so beautifully crafted with lots of thought.

Dorthe said...

Every little piece looks so beautiful, dearest Dawn. I love the barkcloth and linen, with the hankie fabric- they are going to be so very lovely.
UHHH you are so lucky with your coupon dayes- nothing like that in DK- you found wonderful stuff, sweetie.
Hugs and love,Dorthe

Diane said...

I love the covered buttons! You are always so inspiring and so talented....Happy Halloween!

Laurie said...

Oh, Dawn, I love to do this with old, damaged linens. These are just beautiful beginnings -- thank you for sharing! Now I want to start covering buttons! You've inspired me!

Brigitte said...

Love love the owl! Pretty covered buttons! I also feel like I should use my coupon....hahaha we are all a little crazy!!!!

Createology said...

Vintage linens and your style together make beautiful gifts. I am swooning over these pieces. Blissful creating...

Barbara Jean said...

Love it all, but creams my fave. =)

hugs and blessings
barb

June said...

These are going to be so pretty Dawn. I have never covered buttons and I would love to take the time to learn some time.
You have some beautiful fabric there my friend. I have been fashioning some sachets too, now that I finally got the lavender buds off the stems, I can now fill them up just in time for gift giving this year.
sending love...

Ella said...

I love these and your picks~ The fabrics/linens are gorgeous~ Isn't it fun to make your own buttons :D
Thanks for sharing~

B. said...

love love love the buttons and a pocket sachet; what a wonderful idea. Keep us posted.

B.

helena said...

What a beautiful blog I found today! Congratulations!!!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...