Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The making of a tutorial ~


I've been working hard on my sweet new elf shoe tutorial!
I'm about half-way there...I take over one hundred photos of myself
actually making this sweetie and it takes quite awhile to edit them!!!
I hope to have it available in my Lessons from The Nest shop by my next blog post....





I make quite a production of it but want the instructions to be clear
and the photos to be as well!
Here's my little set-up ~
I make a big ol mess in the process....




Since I'm making it as I photograph it,
I always keep plenty of supplies nearby ~






I just love being surrounded by them all!





I've decided that if you stand still long enough around here....
I might just hang something on you!!!
I recently hung a wonderful inspiration board on the one 
French door that is open between
my studio and the guest room....
But when we have company ~ it should look pretty peeking under the curtain when the
door is closed, don't you think?






We had a rainy Monday here....cool temps too,
a few leaves are beginning to fall even though
they haven't quite changed yet.
It was so dry here during the end of the summer,
they must be tired of hanging on :)

I hope you are doing wonderful and that your week is off to a great start!
I love you all...thank you so much for visiting me ~

Have a beautiful October Tuesday,
hugs and love,
Dawn



13 comments:

Hopemore Studio said...

Those elf shoes are fantastic, that will make a great tutorial! You are so great at what you do, and it is so king of you to share it, well worth the hard work I'm sure.

Angie

Revi said...

Hi Dawn,
I always love seeing little glimpses of your creative process - yours is so much more pretty than mine! I'm a mess, and my stuff might look good when I'm finished, but getting there is a mess and rarely photo-worthy. It might even be embarrassing! Note to self, "notice how Dawn does things, and try to be more like her."
-Revi

Maggie said...

great photography, Dawn, especially the closeup shots of the lace and buttons! Thanks for sharing your process.

maggie
http://www.themagrag.com

Dorthe said...

OH Dawn, so sweet and so tiny- real elf shoes-I so love them- and can see they are very small compared with your glasses.
Love the fhotoes you made, to show the progress-and the inspiration board is the most beautiful one-the fabric you used is so lovely.
Have a great tuesday dear Dawn-
HUGS,Dorthe

marga said...

You always make the most beautifull things Dawn!
Hugs Marga

Sally L. Smith said...

Thanks for sharing your process. I had to enlarge a few pics to see the details of your "stuff." Love the snap/jingle bell twill tape thingy (what is that?) and the lovely embroidery and pearls on the net piece. So much beauty going into one little shoe.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh I'm certain it's going to be stellar! I'll bet fall is going to be spectacular..enjoy every moment :-)

Anonymous said...

Love your Blog

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Ohhhh Dawn your little shoe is just adorable! I love your tutorials and have quite a few ~ you do a wonderful job on them!

xoxo
Lori

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Oh that little Elf shoe is precious and I am sure the tutorial will be a huge success! I will have to check it out...
Tina xo

Shirley Hatfield said...

I have to say that you inspire me everyday. I can't wait to order the tutorial. Your Feathered Nest is a place of calming Southern graciousness. When I think of the South, I now think of you.

The Rustic Victorian said...

Hello Miz Dawn!
I have been catching up and love your posts, the shoe tutoial is going to be wonderful. I love the pricilla curtians! Sweetness all over here....especially Clara, how she is growing!
God Bless!
Marcie

Jenny said...

I love the sheet music inside the shoe! Also stopping by to let you know you've won an award! You can get it here


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...