Tuesday, October 4, 2011

And one was just right!







I've added more roses to the guest room!
I finally found these precious old panels (I have fabric stashed everywhere!)
These just happened to be inside of a vintage suitcase under our bed :)
I'm not happy with the rod but had to see them hanging...




I just started working on my new tutorial
to add to my Lessons from The Nest shop!
A sweet elf shoe ornament!
I've been designing the pattern and working on several prototypes...
The one I created last year was really quite small and hard to
manipulate with your fingers. So I enlarged the pattern and, well,
it was way too big (you can see my patterns stuffed inside)
But finally I reached a size that I think you'll love!





Now that I have the pattern, it's time to begin taking photographs
while I create one from beginning to the end, step by step.

These are in no way finished in these pics but you know
I have to show you what I'm up to!!
Wait till you see the finished shoe :)



I ran across the page below I'd scanned from my inspiration files.
I've shared it with you before but I think these are so lovely
and would make beautiful gifts, don't you?

Click it twice to read it larger ~






Have a very happy Tuesday dear friends!
hugs and love,
Dawn




12 comments:

Riki Schumacher said...

Can't wait to see what the little shoes become! They look like little elf shoes to me??? Hmmm. Love the curtains, so girly. Riki xoxo

Dorthe said...

Dawn dear, your elf shoe already looks so sweet- but I know it will turn out fabolous when finished.
The curtains you hang, are just the right for this prinsess Clara guest room, sweet.
Love and hugs,Dorthe

Susan said...

I can't wait to see your finished product! The elf shoes remind me of the elf shoes I made for my daughter when she was in middle school.She wore them in a play.

Colleen said...

Love the print..and you may see why I am so taken woth the little blue bird later this week :-)

Have a great fall week my friend :-)

two crazy crafters said...

Thanks for the scented water recipe! Enjoy your day! Twyla

Vee said...

Your curtains are very pretty. Glad that you found them as things like that drive me batty.

Charlene said...

LOVE the shoe!!!! Can't wait to see the finished piece. HUGS!
Charlene

Anonymous said...

Oh Dawn,I love your pretty rose curtains! The little girl image is just precious!Stop by and see my latest Fall Warmie!

Hugs,
Lynn♥

Denise said...

Love the pixie shoes! Love them....... Do you sell the pattern?

marda said...

The elf shoes are so sweet, I may have to try them. Clara is so adorable in that box, don't the kiddies just love crawling into one and "hiding". It must have been pretty comfortable for her to sleep 2 1/2 hours!! Love the sweet curtains.

Lisa said...

What a great post! The elf shoe is going to be such a hit. I covet mine! So so cute with their little pointy toes, just perfect for Christmas.
You didn't tell me you found the curtains, they look great in the 'rose room'. And little Clara, asleep in that box! I'll bet you wanted to just crawl in there with her. You all have worked so hard these past weeks. I hope you can spend the weekend on the couch with your feet up!
Lisa

Nancy said...

Oh, the vintage image you included is just gorgeous! Such sweetness and innocence - perfect to go with the great rose-print curtains. Wish that print was available as fabric. Just lovely. You can always add another row of stitching at the top, to add a header above the casing, even adding a false hem if you don't have enough fabric as they currently are.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...