Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My sweet babies ~

I'm so proud of them!!!
Our chickens are really getting busy!
I finally had enough pullets (baby eggs) that I thought I'd cook some cheese eggs
and give them a little taste....
they were absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!
A little salt, a little pepper, a sprinkle of cheddar cheese
and we're talking just wonderful!

I couldn't believe how strong the shells were and
how yellow the yolks are!!!





Emily and Brent were strolling 'round in the back thirty behind our house
and found our pear trees....
they're just now putting out fruit ~ not quite ripe but so beautiful!
I can wait :)
Pears are heavenly, don't you think?




My big accomplishment today?
Cooking a big ol' batch of pinto beans with a yummy ham steak in my crock pot,
add some cooked collard greens, chopped vidalia onions and then homemade
cornbread cooked in my iron skillet.....it was A GREAT DINNER!!!

And the best thing...all the boys, Emily and Clara were all here
except my sweet son, Brad ~
Mama's always want all of their babies around!

Have a great Wednesday dear friends,
hugs and love,
Dawn






10 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness those eggs look yummy. I bet it was hard to crack them!

Dorthe said...

UHMMM yummi they looks, sweet Dawn.
We don`t hace chicks anymore, but I also love dthe eggs,then!
Your pears are really beautiful, here we have apples, many of them,- and isen`t it wonderful just going into the garden for beans, onions and salat, for a gorgeus meal, like you cooked ,dear friend?
Wishing you a lovely day, sweetie.
Love and hugs-Dorthe

Theresa said...

Nuttin' better than fresh eggs:) Sounds like you had a glorious day! We love pears and make pear relish when they are abundant:) Have a blessed day! HUGS!

Cathy said...

I love pinto beans and I haven't had them since my Mom passed away. I guess I need to learn how to make them.

Denise said...

I have a pot of beans fixing to be cooked! I always have a pot cooking..... I am on a great diet and I can have 1-2 cups of any type of beans a day....Very filling........ The pears look great, I would love to have a pear tree.. The neighbor down the street has one and it is loaded! I am going to walk down there one morning and ask him if he will share! I hope he does........ Have a great day!

Lisa said...

sounds delish Dawn...must be so nice to shop in your backyard for all the fixins!

Shari Valicenti said...

I've always wondered if there was a different taste to eggs this fresh, but they certainly look so beautifully yellow. Your family dinner sounds so Southernly good. Nothing like sharing with family!

Simply Shelley said...

Enjoyed your post Dawn...nothin like good o beans and cornbread... all you lacked was some fried tators :) My mama and daddy have a big pear tree in their yard...I am hoping we get some nice big ones this years...would like to make some pear relish. Blessings

Vee said...

I envy you the fresh, tasty eggs and pears are my very favorite fruit. Hope that you have a wonderful harvest of them.

Hopelessly Romantic Art Studio said...

All I can say is Yummmmm, as I read your post. Isn't it amazingly satisfying when you gather the eggs, kinda like Easter every day! those pears look wonderful too! You are becoming quite the feathered farm chick!
Hugs, gerri


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...