Monday, August 8, 2011

Back in the saddle again...






Remember THIS post when I told you about finding my pressed flower collection?
I love them all so much and have been wanting to use them in my artwork ~

If you don't feel like clicking to the other post....
I added a few new flowers to my lovely yellow pages flower press that day ~
Hydrangeas and a single gladiola bud.



Here is the before shot:



Well, I checked on them today and LOOK at them now!!
Just GORGEOUS!!!!



So much texture and still traces of pale color ~



These little treasures give me so much joy....




Here's the before photo of the gladiola....


Look at this wonderful beauty now ~
No, it's not as vivid at all...it's even changed colors but
now it has those muted tones that I love.



I love the veining...




I bought these wonderful 2" beveled glass squares a few years ago
at an estate sale. The man was a stained glass artist....
So, I thought, add a tiny clipping from an old ledger book and
one of the pressed hydrangeas ~





I've added the copper foil tape and now I just have to solder it
and add a hanger on the top....a snippet of seam binding and it would
be a perfect charm for a knob or handle ~






And don't fall out of your chair,
but I even worked on ANOTHER piece of artwork!
It's not quite finished either but you know I HAD
to get back into that wax pot!!!
She's not quite finished yet...

~ The Prairie Girl ~




It's good to get into that creative saddle again ~
Seems our muse comes and goes, doesn't it?
Throw in real life, laundry, cooking, etc.
and it's hard to grab those precious moments
to nurture our creative soul.

I hope you have a great Monday dear friends,
big hugs and much love,
Dawn




17 comments:

marda said...

I've been out of the saddle way to long myself..
life keeps getting in the way! Your wax piece is beautiful, and so are the dried flowers and your little to hang piece. I've not done dried flowers for ages, might have to get back on that saddle too.

Kathy said...

Both projects are just beautiful. Love when the muse comes out to play!!

Barbara Jean said...

Love that whole waxed finish look, and your little hydrangeas are precious. wonder if they could be used as coasters?

Have a super week friend

blessings
barbara jean

Jenny said...

How beautiful! What a great way to start my week, being in spired by your artsy craftiness! Well done!

Jenny said...

*"inspired" should have been one word. Sorry- it's early!!! lol

Mandee said...

You are truly an inspiration! Thank you for sharing all your wonderful creations!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Dawn ~ I love how those came out!!
I love it when the creative streak hits!

xoxo
Lori

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dawn, they look perfectly lovely under the beveled glass!!!
Hugs, Diane

Theresa said...

Oh dear Dawn, the dried flowers are SO beautiful! I must dry some of my hydrangeas before they are gone! Love the beveled glass creation:)

Hope you enjoy this Monday! HUGS!

Sandy said...

Dawn, I love your now art pieces! I am missing my studio so much right now but I have declared August finish up some home improvement projects month and that is just what I am doing. I love seeing the new direction of your work. Have a happy day!

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,
The flowers turned out gorgeous!
I love how you are using them.
Tam

Charlene said...

Your hydrengeas are stunning! Mine are fried! This year it's so hot the leaves are all burned like I had taken a torch to them. So sad. We're looking at day 43 of over 100 degrees! And no rain! It's horrible. But, you have found the perfect way to preserve these little treasures! I so agree with you about the creative muse... she comes & she goes. And LIFE does interfere!

Thank you for the sweet comment about our little puppy Elle. She does bring joy just as you said. These fur babies are so dear! Enjoy your week. HUGS!
Charlene

June said...

Dawn I held my breath through this whole post because everything is so beautiful! I am so glad you are back in the saddle girl!
sending love your way...

Lisa said...

OMG, this is my favorite piece you've ever done! I love the layers, the holy paper, the image, the whole dang thing! Love that your into the wax thing, it's adding so much dimension to your work.
Of course I'm heading out to the yard to hack up some hydrangea's to press, those turned out amazing! Lisa

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Dawn I love to visit you! You are so creative and inspiring! I always leave smiling!

Susan Hemann said...

I press flowers too. I just did some Queen Annes Lace. Love your work!

Deb Plapp said...

I absolutely LOVE Prairie Girl!!! Can't wait to see what else you do to her (not that she needs anything else).


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...