Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Food for thought ~


I received a forwarded email yesterday from a sweet friend.
Now, I'm not really fond of these emails...
some are cute and some are just downright annoying ~
But this one was precious....
I had to share it with you sweet friends ~






 Attitude 

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror,
and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.
'Well,' she said, 'I think I'll braid my hair today.'
So she did and she had a wonderful day.

 The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror
 and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.
 'H-M-M,' she said, 'I think I'll part my hair down the middle today.'
So she did and she had a grand day.

 The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed
that she had only one hair on her head.
 'Well,' she said, 'today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail.'
So she did, and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and
noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.
'YAY!' she exclaimed. 'I don't have to fix my hair today!' 

Attitude. is. everything.



Be kinder than necessary, 
for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Live simply,
Love generously,
Care deeply,
Speak kindly,
 and pray continually.
 Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.



 It's not what you gather, but what you scatter
that tells what kind of life you have lived.





Wishing you a beautiful Tuesday dear friends ~
hugs and love,
Dawn





21 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

Love it! Yes attitude is everything isn't it? I believe that we are responsible for our own happiness. Have a great rest of your week.

love,
Danielle

Gail said...

Thanks Dawn,
I love this post! I've often thought the difference between a so-so day and a great day is perspective......and attitude.
Thanks for the reminder....

julie miller said...

Hi Dawn, I really enjoyed reading these sweet words of inspiration!! Thanks for sharing with us! Hugs, Julie

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Really cute, Dawn! Thanks for sharing. Hope you're settling into your new home...and studio!
xoxo
Donna

Anonymous said...

That was wonderful and perfect for me right now and several other people I know! I am going to copy and paste it and send it along. Thank you!

wilmi said...

thanks for sharing! it's an eye-opener for many people!

calej said...

What a delightful reminder to everyone that attitude is indeed everything! :)

Vicki said...

Thank you, Dawn. I stopped to breathe and change my attitude yesterday at the day job. Made a huge difference. Thanks for the reminder to keep positive even when things are not going your way.

*Linda Pinda* said...

LOVE IT!!!

I've been enjoying your blog for a few weeks now, and had to add you to my blog roll.

The images are great and posts like this one are such a great way to start the day :)

http://lindapindadesigns.blogspot.com/

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

Thanks for the smiles and the happy outlook on life today. Hugs!

Thespa
Vintiquities Workshop

Sweet Old Vintage said...

WONDERFUL INSPIRATION....

Elderberry Dreams said...

Great words to live by. The pictures are beautiful as always. AND so is your ATTITUDE!! Prayers for your brother-in-law and to you as you are working so hard in your new home. Have a wonderful day.....Eileen.....

Elizabeth said...

Someone forwarded this to me, too, and it's one of the few such emails that I actually enjoyed, because it is true.

Have a wonderful day fixing up your new house, sweet friend!

Suz said...

That is so lovely. Thanks for sharing., Dawn. A dear friend of mine is fighting a difficult battle with cancer and just lost his hair after a chemo "cocktail" of seven different therapies. His daughter and wife had a great time shaving it off and his other daughter watched by video from the opposite coast. He has printed pictures of himself on his caring bridge site. There used to be the funniest song called, "I Love Bald Headed Men" and I wish I could find it for him. I just can't help but thinking of him as I read this.

Suz

Sandy said...

I can't tell you how very much I appreciate you and your posts. I really needed a little lift and your post today was it. Love that you always have the sweetest attitude and caring heart. Many blessings dear friend.

Barbara Jean said...

This is awesome!
Thank you sweet Dawn!

blessings

barbara jean

Veronica said...

Dawn, that message comes to me just when I need a reminder. Ive been feeling worse for wear all day. It was the combination of humor and truth that got through to me and I am feeling improved already. Thank You :)

Marie De Marco said...

yes amen attidue is EVERY thing. the first pic you have on this post (the cherubs, they are my header on my blog!!)
blessings
marie

Coleen said...

love stories like this!!! staying positive and very grateful is where I am at these days...oh, I have that pic of the lil kids kissing and have made many projects with them...ofcourse, I turned them into faeries!!!

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

chubmoma said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful thoughts with us today!!!!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I have a close friend going thru chemo right now, I'm going to send her that little story about hair and dealing with its loss!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...