Tuesday, January 13, 2009

True random acts of kindness ~

I wanted to share with you a couple of sweet gifts that I received in the mail. Both of these parcels really are random acts of kindness!

The first package was from a former customer, Sandra Blanks who reads my blog and wanted to send a few handmade gifts for the baby!! Can you believe how precious these hangers and hat are?? Clara will be so adorable in this beautiful hat Sandra, I just love it (Emily loves it too!!!) and the hangers are so sweet I may have to keep them in my artroom!!! I want to make Clara a few tiny dresses for this coming Spring and after she outgrows them I want to display them!! Thank you so very much for your thoughtfulness, Sandra ~









Another random act of kindness came from a sweet friend, Sharon Kyser....just look at these gorgeous handmade cards and some were created from photos on my blog!!! I just love them!! All of the cards are just beautiful ~ Sharon, what a sweet thing for you to do!! Thank you so very much!!



The next few things are things that I've had awhile and just wanted to show you. For no particular reason other than their simplicity makes them beautiful.


I bought this from a sweet friend, Sharon, at The Plum Tree several years ago. I love the tone on tone look, it's candlewicking I think. Such simple stitching but it has a beautiful look to it, don't you think? It would be so easy to make your own pattern and make something similar to this. Or even to just freestyle stitch and then frame it ~ I love the handiwork.




This little thing has nothing to do with anything else in this post except that it's a treasure. I think of the tiny foot that wore it. Who did they grow up to be? This little lone shoe will never be turned into a pincushion while I own it. To me, it's already a small piece of artwork ~



Seeing the beauty in friends, my family, our surroundings and the little treasures that make our house a home
makes me smile ~


Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday sweet friends,

xxoo, Dawn

15 comments:

Candy said...

What a precious little boot, so sweet. Your little candlewicking picture reminded me of a project I did about 20 years ago...a WELCOME sign,will have to post on my blog.
Blessings,
Candy

The Charm House said...

Dawn, It all is so sweet and I so understand about the little shoe! Our little Emma should be here any day. Her daddy called here last night wanting to know exactly what time his cousin would be in from California from seeing his girlfriend and her parents, he was afraid the baby might come last night. It is so funny with these first time daddy's... Chase (my son) also came home from California last night with good news, he asked Jackie's daddy for her hand in marriage. Now he has to plan the perfect time to ask her!!! Exciting times here!
Hugs and blessings,
Yvette

Deb said...

What wonderful gifts! The little hat is so soft looking and feminine. I love the hangers too. About your baby shower invites...they are absolutley beautiful! I know they were a labor of love! We made all of my daughters wedding invitations. It was a JOB, but I'm so glad that we did! This is going to be a well loved little lady! She already is:)

Anonymous said...

Dawn...not surprising that people have been so kind to you.
Like attracts like. :-)
Diane

Vee said...

Thank you for always sharing your lovelies with us...you have some wonderful blogging buds! What an adorable hat...and adorable antique boot, too.

Barbara Jean said...

Dawn,
How blessed you are to have such special friends.
That adorable little hat looks like it is so soft.
And the cards- love them!!
And the other treasures you showed today, great.
I just love how you see and so appreciate it all, and them being so precious to you.
Thank you for sharing your treasures.

Barbara Jean

The Painted Nest said...

Dawn, What beautiful gifts,and what lovely friends! I truly believe the best gifts are those that are hand made. Because so much love and (thoughts of the person) your making them for goes into it. And the little baby shoe is so sweet and is a work of art all it's own.

The Joy of Nesting said...

Good Morning Dawn,

What adorable hangers and hat!! Clara is going to be such a little fashion plate!! All the others girls will be begging her to tell them where she got all her beautiful things :)

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mexico

Jann said...

Love the photos, Dawn, especially the little boot--don't you just wonder who wore it so long ago? Have a great day~Smiles, Jann

Plant Freak said...

I have chosen you for the Proximity Award. Please check my blog for the details!

Lori said...

those gifts are wonderful Dawn, the hangers are just lovely...i can just see them with sweet little dresses hanging on them...adorable...the wee pink shoe is gorgeous!!!

Martha, Vintage Trifles said...

Hi Dawn! I am bestowing to you the Lemonade Stand Award for your positive attitude about your work, family, friends and life in general! See my post today for details.

Take good care and thank you again, M.

lorhen82 said...

The gifts are so sweet...friends are good! ~Lori

A bird in the hand said...

You're right, Dawn. This adorable shoe is a piece of art in itself.
xxoo

Nita Jo said...

I adore that little red shoe! Do you have a picture of it I could copy for some art work? You've been so generous, so I will understand if you cannot.

Blessings!
Nita Jo


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...