Tuesday, January 20, 2009

OK, I just love this thing!

Remember when I went shopping on my birthday and bought this eyelet-setting-hole-punching-multi-sized-quiet tool thing called the "crop-a-dile?" Well, I've just gotten around to using it and I. LOVE. IT!!!! It is the COOLEST thing ever!

I really love creating artwork on the covers of old books and believe me, they are thick! Well, I collaged this cover from an old dictionary with a piece of vintage sheet music (I use the real thing, not a copy of the music and now you know why I'm always on the prowl for more!) Then I used one side of the tool to punch the holes through the thick cardboard cover. It went through like BUTTER! Next I dropped in a pretty copper colored eyelet and used the center of the tool to set it. It was effortless!

I'm sure if you're a scrapbooker you know about this great contraption but I'm a little slow and am finally discovering it......so if you're tired of hammering away on your art, invest in one of these babies.....but use a coupon, you know I did!!







I'm usually encouraging you to create your artwork from dicards, old items that have been donated or items that are broken and forgotten but every once in awhile you do find something that makes your life a little easier and this really is the case with this tool!

I just have to say how proud I am of all of the newbie bloggers that are starting up! You've taken the challenge and dove in head first and I'm so proud of you!! You will be rewarded in so many ways for taking the time to learn just a little technology to be able to maintain your blog. You will find friends, inspiration, encouragement, sharing and so much more....
I'm so glad that you're here!!!

I'm coming up on my 800th post and my two-year blogiversary and can't believe how fast the time as flown by! But in those two years I have met so many wonderful friends here and around the world, experienced my artwork being published and been truly inspired by each and every one of you that stops by to visit. Thank you all so very much!!


I'll be having a giveaway really soon to celebrate!!!


Wishing you a very happy Tuesday ~

xxoo, Dawn

25 comments:

tam said...

Hi dawn! That tool is so wonderful! I lost mine-I have no idea how but I did. Probably during a move. I need to get anothler one. Congrats on your 800 blog! WoW that is sooo neat! I hope I can make it that far too! Although I have only been blogging for a very short time I have had such a wonderful time meeting folks from all over the world! You are so right it is absolutely worth it! Hope you are having an awesome week!~Smiles~Tam!

The Painted Nest said...

Dawn, Let me be the first to wish you all the best on your 2year blogiversary,and 800th post!!!! I for one am glad you are out there. You truly inspire people with your kind heart and encouraging words!! Thank-You Dawn, for all you've done to inspire, direct, and encourage us all. You are truly a gift!!!! Warm Wishes and Heartfelt Blessings, Deborah

Monica said...

Congratulations, Dawn! And thank you from the heart for such inspiring blog. I feel a special connection with you and the way you create...
Monica xo.

Dorthe said...

Hallo dear friend, CONGRATULATIONS, with your 2 years.
I have been through every post of yours, and love all and everything.
You, Your artwork ,so beautifull and inspirering to us, your sweet heart alwayes thinking of pleasing all of us with gifts and help, you are such a kind and loving person, Dawn.
Cant wait to follow your giveaway.
Big hug and love from Dorthe

Оksana said...

Happy birthday to your 2 years old blogger! Thank you for YOU and what you do:)))
Oksana

The Rustic Victorian said...

800,,wow,,its party time!! Very awesome Miz Dawn, thats alot of giving, I cant even imagine 100 posts. Thank you for your sweet support, and generous spirit.
Much love,
Marcie

Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...

Hey, I love cool tools - thanks for telling us about this one!

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. You've been busy blessing a lot of people with your creativity and your generosity. We're so glad you are here!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...a coupon got me one-a-those a few years ago. A good tool, no? Be proud of your blog cause it's a good one, which is obvious by all those posts. Happy blogiversary :-)

Lauri Evans said...

Hello Ms. Dawn...thanks for the lovely words of support! It is so difficult to to sell in these times but doubly so when your own ideas are poached.
Come see us sometime!
xo 2chippys

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

Thanks for your continued encouragement to us "newbies"! And yes, the Crop-o-dile is a handy tool.

Kana

Deb said...

Congratulations Dawn on your upcoming blog Anniversary. 800 posts ~ how fantastic!!
I love your crop a dile! I need to look for that little tool (I was using my hole punch yesterday and pushing the eyelets through by hand) :-)This looks like it would make the job so much easier!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I could have used that contraption last night! I am definitely putting it on my wish list!

I was looking through old issues of Somerset last night and who's name should appear.....why yours of course!
:-) You were noted a "a regular contributor". :-)

I'm looking at your picture in the sidebar...why...you've added blush to your cheeks and lips in your sepia-toned photo! THAT is so cute!

Have a wonderful day!
Diane

Vee said...

Thanks for the tip! That tool looks so good that I may have to invest with or without a coupon.

Barbara Jean said...

Dawn,
Congratulations on your 2 years and 800th post!
I am certainly glad i found you. You are so encouragming to every one, and your loving and generous heart shows through in everything you do. You are an inspiration to us all, in many ways.

re giveaway: I can't wait!!
I would love any little thing of yours. =0)

Blessings on your day.

Barbara Jean

kathy said...

Dawn , happy 2 nd anniversary !!- thank you for the music scan - wonderful - also I agree I tried someones crop a dile at a scrap get together -- and immediately bought one with a coupon :) It is quiet lol - but besides helps the hands and best it will go through really thick things - kathy - ga

Gail said...

Hi Dawn,
I was gifted the crop-a-dile and haven't mastered the eyelet thing yet! I love the look of eyelets, but am having trouble using it for some reason. I think I need to practice a bit more, but the punching mechanism on it is amazing, I agree, to punch through thick stuff!
Have a creative day!
Gail

lorhen82 said...

Whoa...800 posts in two years??? You're a busy girl! Congrats on your coming anniversary! Any blog maintenance tips you'd like to share with us newbies? ~Lori

Anonymous said...

800, I have a hard time trying to get to 100. Maybe one on these days I can get on each day. Until then I will enjoy reading yours dear friend.

That dial a punch sounds good. I may have to save a coupon. I usually use mine on books. I love books.

Have a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Pat

Trish said...

I am a part time scrapbooker...if that is a word. Grin...I always get 'roped' into doing the goodbye scrapbooks at work. So I can see where this tool would come in handy! Wait...800 posts? Wow...you are some busy gal!

Anonymous said...

Wow, 800 posts!! That is wonderful! I'm looking forward to the next 800 posts!! I am a scrapbooker and cardmaker and the Crop-o-dile has been a hit with us!

Sandy said...

Dawn,
Thanks for the hint on a "quiet" tool as I often work late into the night and have to wait to insert eyelets because all that pounding. I have heard of this tool but had no idea what it was. I will probably be adding this to my tool stash, thanks!

Wildflowerhouse said...

Dawn, thanks for all your wonderful posts. Congratulations and I look forward to the next 800! Gleefully Sharon

Relyn Lawson said...

800 posts?!!!?? Holy smokes! I am so thankful for your little spot here in the blogiverse. For all the inspiration and wonder you provide.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Dawn ~
I love that contraption !! I have to get my coupon out and get me one ~ it looks kind of complicated though :)
Thank you for the fun on your blog !! I always love to visit ~
xoxo,
Lori

Jann said...

This tool IS truly awesome--I love mine and have used it alot--glad you discovered yours!!!!!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...