Friday, October 17, 2008

Sweet friends ~

I scanned a couple of pages of the bird journal that my sweet friend Karin of One Perfect Little Miracle gave me when she came for lunch the other day. I love the precious handwriting and the care the sweet woman took to create her journal. What an honor to be able to look at it ~ Thank you so much Karin for entrusting me with it.
Feel free to save these for your artwork . . .



Look at this little sweetie that arrived in the mail Thursday! The tiniest little bird figurine from Relyn at Come Sit by My Fire gifted this to me just as a "thank you" for her winning my last giveaway ~ Thank you so much Relyn, I just love it!! I happened to have another one a little larger that looks like his moma so they look sweet together under the cloche on my buffet ~ Relyn has a beautiful post today about caring for one another...



Our minds are such a powerful tool. We can think negatively and exude those feelings or we can think positively and reflect that attitude as well. It's our choice each and every morning we rise from our beds. Sometimes when my mind wanders in that negative direction .... I stop and tell myself, "don't even go there..." Funny how "The Secret" has been around for such a long time and we just didn't realize it, just read these words...

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

Phillipians 4:8



Thank you all so very much for your sweet words on my last post. Don't worry, I'm fine. I love blogging. I love my friends here. I love the inspiration I gain from visiting you and from your feedback. I love being a sunny spot in anyone's day that may stop by to see me ~


Wishing you a great Friday dear friends!


xxoo, Dawn

24 comments:

Dorthe said...

Sweet friend, thank you so much for the bird journal pictures, they are so sweet and yet another proof of your beautifull hart and soul.As for your jummy collections i love seeing them, they give my day feast and sunschine, together with your wonderfull artwork, and words.So from me you get love and hugs.
Dorthe

the author said...

I absolutely love the brown pattern on your plate. I need to start searching for those on my second hand store jaunts!
Have a good weekend

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Oh such lovely little birds...I love the glass domes they seem to bring together a few items and really make them a showpiece.
Love your blog...Will be back:)

Deb said...

Goodmorning Dawn
What lovely presents! Those sweet little resin birds look adorable under the glass dome & you are always so generous sharing your journal pages with fellow bird lovers :-)
Have a blessed weekend.

Unknown said...

What sweet little birds! Birds are such lovely creatures. Thanks for sharing some of the bird journal and for sharing photos of your bird figurines.

Betty said...

You are so very right about choices. I have said for years that each morning a person has a choice...to be happy or to be unhappy. Why would anyone CHOOSE to be unhappy? Thanks for the inspirational post!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog... what a wonderful treasure, it is lovely!

Vee said...

Those little birdies are so sweet.

It appears that you may have a school bird journal from the looks of that sweet, and young, penmanship. Did you ever make a bird journal for penmanship class in school? I did, but my penmanship wasn't that nice.

Donna said...

Love the little birdies! Fantastic quote!

Sandy said...

We share the same secret and it makes all the difference in the world in our outlook and attitude.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Charmingdesigns said...

I was so delighted to see your sibling to my little birds I purchased yesterday...aren't they just adorable!!

Michelle Palmer said...

Hi Dawn~
Birds of a feather flock together!

Love the scripture verse you quoted~

I love stopping by your site for a creative pick-me-up! You make me smile!

Thanks so much~
Michelle

Gail said...

Hi Dawn!
As always I enjoyed visiting your blog!! Your work is awesome!!!! Thank you for sharing your great talent with us!
Hugs ~ Gail :)

Kathy said...

Dear Dawn, you have quoted one of my favorite scriptures today. You are one of the most generous bloggers I know. Always sharing. Always giving things away. Today your little gift is going out. I appreciate the light you bring to the blogging world. ~Kathy

Unknown said...

Love that bird image! And your little birdie is soooooo cute! I love it!

Sue said...

I love your work and am sorry that you have been hit with negatitis from others. I have set my blog to approve comments prior to them being posted and am glad I have as I have received some truly ugly comments today.

Fete et Fleur said...

The birds look so sweet together.

Hugs!
Nancy

SweetAnnee said...

lovely
and so tweet
smiles

Anonymous said...

If there is anyone out there who cannot read your blog and get a sense of what a kind heart and gentle soul and spirit you have, they are truly lost. Keep doing what you do and being you!
Tammy in Louisville
P.S. Still loving that fabulous little vintage silver case with the beautiful angel!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Beautiful scripture! I love the sparrows too..
xoxo Nita

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Dawn ~
I love love Phillipians 4:8 ~ yes, "The Secret" has been around quite awhile hasn't it :o)
~~
Have a wonderful day dear friend !
xoxo,
Lori

Carolyne said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your generous and giving spirit! You inspire me each and every time I visit, and encourage my own creativity.
I especially have appreciated your kindly offers of downloads for our own use. What you give to others will return to you many times over because of your sweet kindness.
And if sometimes it doesn't seem like Everyone thinks so, just remember that *they* are the ones who are missing the blessing.
{{{hugs}}} Carolyne

Sherri said...

what a sweet little bird. i am loving the brown transfer ware right now too and mixing it with everything.

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, Dawn. You are so sweet. Thank you for the link. I was tickled to see your pictures. I was right, that little bird belongs at home with you. Looks like he was reunited with his Mama.

When I am feeling grumpy or am ready to gripe, I ask myself this, "When I open my mouth, is what falls out going to pass the whatsoever test?" I could stand further improvement, but this habit has kept me out of quite a few scrapes.


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...