Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A new tutorial finished!!


This one's hot off the press! The silver sugar dish pincushion is my latest tutorial for purchase. I've already added it to The Little Speckled Egg blog and I think you'll really enjoy making these. They make beautiful gifts for birthdays, Christmas or other special occasions. Or you can sell them at your craft fair. These sugar bowls can be found pretty easily at thrift stores or yard sales. And if silver's not your thing, try a porcelain or china sugar bowl.

Even if you're not an avid seamstress it's so nice to have something so pretty holding your straight pins
and needles for mending.

This is the pincushion that I created while making the tutorial and I should have it my Etsy store soon!







Don't you just love the little bit of tarnish
that I left on the silver?

To me it says, "I'm old and I have character"

(seems as though I've adopted this motto for myself too!)



Wishing you all a very happy Tuesday!!

xxoo,

Dawn

ps. A little bluebird for you bird lovers!! I scanned an old button card that I have :)

17 comments:

Shopgirl said...

I love this idea...I will see if I can get the lunch girls to make some for our church sale...
Thank You for sharing,
Mary

Tina Leavy said...

very cute idea. you know I always see the porcelain ones at tag sales and so forth..hmm..a new idea. will have to keep my eyes open for things like this again.
hope you have a lovely Tuesday.
hugs,
Tina

kathy said...

Dawn - lovely as always -- I am so happy to be greeted each day by your blog -- Oh the pincushion too sweet - and thank you for the sweet button card -- I am truly not a sewer , but of course things of bygone times always touches my heart --but know i seem to collect
sewing items --I will print and then antique and will be sewing
some antique buttons on this to put with my display Blessings Kathy - GA

Alisa Noble said...

Cute! I love my silver tarnished too.

Trish said...

so sweet. I love your photos and yes...for me the tarnish left there is the finishing touch.

Sandy said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! I want to try this idea on two tiny china shoes that have. I hope I can do you justice!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, it's precious. And the tarnish gives it character. I especially like the pearl cabochon you added. Very elegant.

Dawn, while I'm thinking about it, I bought a pr. of darling white baby shoes that are quite dirty. Do you know what to clean them with that won't harm the leather?

Thanks!

Diane

Sherry Williams said...

this is sooo sweet! thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas! I love your blog! Sherry

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh my goodness ~~ That is soooo sweet !!! I love it !!
xoxo,
Lori

Jan Ely said...

So cute! I love the tarnished look too, plus the fact that I'm too lazy to polish! Thanks for the sweet birdie button card!

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

I WILL ACCEPT THAT AS MY MOTTO TOO DEAR DAWN... LOVE IT..
AND I AM THINKING I DID NOT WIN THE DRAWING... OH BOO ): lol

THANK YOU TOO FOR YOUR VISIT DAWN WE ARE HAVING A WONDERFULLY GRAND TIME... FILLING MY HEART TO OVERFLOWING WITH GOODE AND GLORIOUS MEMORIES...

Lorrie said...

such a sweet and lovely pincushion. I love old silver.

Lorrie

Unknown said...

That is darling! I have one in my shop that I made with a milk glass sherbet dish, but I really love the silver! Now I will have to keep my eyes open. Thank you for the darling bluebird- I love it!

Kay said...

Dawn, I received my composition book today and absolutely love it... I can't wait to take it to work tomorrow and start using it!

Kay said...

oops.... Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Tamara said...

This is just lovely, Dawn! You are so talented! Thank you for your prayers. They are much appreciated.

A bird in the hand said...

I had to grin when I saw this bluebird -- I have a bluebird button card, and I use this birdie a lot, it's one of my "signatures"!


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...