Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fall is peeking around the corner ~

I just love fall! It has to be my favorite time of the year. So many of my good memories are of things that happened in the fall. I don't know if it's a coincidence or if it's because I always have loved the season. I moved into the neighborhood that I grew up in and met my future husband-to-be across the street in the fall. I still remember how beautiful our street was. It was very wooded so the leaves were beautiful colors. Our family went camping alot in the fall, too. Plus I started dating my husband in the fall (after we had both graduated high school). It's neat how our minds work and how seasons and smells trigger our memories.

I wanted to thank each and every one of you for stopping by and taking the time to comment on my 600th post giveaway! Such sweet, kind things were said and I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate you ~ thank you very much. I love this Land of Blog and all of the wonderful friends I've made here!

I've started on a little project. I don't usually show in-progress photos but thought I might with this piece. I'm not quite sure what it's going to become. Maybe a nature journal? I've just gotten started but wanted to give you a glimpse!





Just a couple more clippings to inspire you. This first one is this great chalkboard. Don't you love that it's in this wonderful old frame?



A few posts back I featured this photo with the luggage pockets. Well I wanted you to notice the books opened, resting on the molding and held open by wire!!! I just love this botanical look.





And a sweet little photograph for you to use in your artwork!!
Just right click, select save picture as and save to your computer ~

19 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

Hi Dawn..your new project looks terrific.
by the way..my entire family is blogging now! my mom, and my 2 sisters. won't you stop by my blog then visit with them. I know they'd love to have folks welcome them to blogland. Mom is a widow and getting into art now to keep herself busy, and I know she'd enjoy a little company every now and again..and then of course my sisters are new to the world of blogging too and would love it for folks to say hi to them as well.
thanks.
And have a great weekend.
hugs, Tina

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Wow, thanks for the little peek at your new project. Looks delightful!!

Blessings,

Sher

Anonymous said...

Dawn, you find the sweetest ephemera to share! And the magazine clippings - very, very inspirational. I like the wire over the open books too - and the background paper on the wall.

The textured picture frame reminds me of one that a friend made. She took a flat frame and glued heavy lace on top of all 4 sides, then painted it black and on top of that off-white. She sanded it a bit so the black showed through and then antiqued the entire thing. It was gorgeous! Maybe something to try on one of YOUR wonderful collages!

Have a beautiful day! I'm painting on the porch - pictures of apples.

Diane

Anonymous said...

Dawn, me again! I just looked closely at the mag clip! What fantastic things the decorator has included in those wall pockets! What fun!!

Diane

Anonymous said...

Dawn... your post has great ideas... The chalkboard is neat and especially like the books... You have been busy creating and enjoying... It's your life and no body does it better...

Lori said...

Dawn, i started dating my husband in the fall too...in november 1985...i am pretty sure the day was the 20th...your new wip looks beautiful, perfect for a nature journal i might add...thanks for the free image, she is a cutie!!!

Pam @ Frippery said...

Dawn, Thanks for sharing. I love the new project. I have left a little award for you on my blog, come and see. P.iloveyourblog.jpg

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work in progress Dawn!

Anonymous said...

Dawn

Thanks for the gift of the sweet baby!!! It's exactly what I was looking for to finish a project!! See another tiny miracle ;c}

The book idea is cool. I'll need to ponder how to adapt it here. Books are one of the first casulties in our salt humidity and heat. :c{

Pattie :c}
Mazatlan Mexico

CIELO said...

You're so right--Autumn is upon us! The perfect season to show our fav window of the house.... really, the House in the Roses is having a Window Party this Friday, and wish you could participate.... only thing you need to do is show us your favorite window of your home.... it promises to be fun! come see!

cielo

Jann said...

Loved this post, Dawn, and the photo and all you shared. What a lovely story of how you met your husband. You made me smile today. Thank you for that--you are such a sweetheart. ~Jann

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

Thank you so much for your generosity. The picture of the little one is precious.

Kim

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Love all of it! :)
xo Lidy

Anonymous said...

Whatever it will be, it will look beautiful! I love it so far! What a lovely bird picture!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That little guy looks like he could be trouble! What a cheeky grin he has!

w00ts up said...

I love everything you make! Just amazing!
I wanted to invite you take part in an event that I'm hosting September 4-7 called "Show Us Your Pretty Pumpkin."
Take a pic of your prettiest pumpkin, leave a comment with a link, and Sept. 4-7 I will add your post to the list.

Anonymous said...

Autumn is also my most favorite season. Love the cool nights and sweater weather. Your work is wonderful! I love the music sheet backgrounds, and anything with birds always catches my eye, which is odd because as much as I love birds, I'm afraid of them, more so chickens than birds though. Thanks for sharing your work. Deb

Anonymous said...

Carol Bolton "Homestead" Fredericksburg, Texas was the Designer who first "wired" books, photos and plates backwards. She was featured in many magazines late 1980's-early 90's. Victoria's January 1994 and issue 1997 along with other publications featured her signatures of "wiring".

Pennies In My Pocket said...

WOW! I'm LOVING this blog! Just clicked over here from another one...can't remember which one though.

That chalk board is giving me inspiration...LOVE the frame. I've been looking for a chalkboard for my kitchen.

I'll be back! :-)

~melody~


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...