Saturday, July 19, 2008

Time for a sleep over & a magazine shoot!

Fifi's beautiful cottage and garden gate


I'm so excited, Saturday evening I'm going to my girlfriend's house (we've known one another since we were in 10th grade!) and spending the night! Her name just happens to be Dawn too and we couldn't be more opposite. We've always enjoyed each other's company and I'm really looking forward to spending some girl time with her!!


Then, Sunday morning she and I are heading to the airport to pick up Fifi of Chez Fifi!!! Fifi's flying in to do a shoot at a friend and former customer of mine's home near where I live. It's so amazing how this whole magazine world works. They do everything so far in advance!!


We're hoping to have Sunday brunch together and then take her to her hotel in Atlanta Sunday afternoon. Monday morning I've got to meet Fifi and the photographer at the interstate for them to follow me to Jean's house. It really should be a fun day. I can't wait to see Fifi style the room for the photographs and watch the photographer do her job as well. Jean's making homemade chicken salad croissant sandwiches for everyone and I'm bringing old fashioned peach cobbler! Be sure to look for Jean's home in the January issue of Country Sampler magazine.


I'm not going to get many creative things accomplished this weekend but will be back at it after Monday. I'm really excited about meeting Fifi and being able to be there with Jean. Fifi freelances for many magazines writing articles and styling the photographs, but she also is the editor of Romantic Country magazine! My little silver sugar dish and urn pincushions are in the current issue! Too unbelievable.....



ps. If you will, please say a little prayer for Fifi as she has been quite sick due to her very busy schedule. She went to the doctor yesterday to get a big ol' shot and is on the mend but I do pray that she is feeling wonderful by the time she has to fly out Sunday morning ~


Wishing you a wonderful weekend!


xxoo, Dawn

29 comments:

Myrna said...

OH DAWN!! I am so excited for you!
I can't wait to hear about your visit with Fifi and what goes on in a magazine shoot. She seems so sweet. I'll be praying for her health. Have a great weekend with your friend...MY girlfriend and her daughter are coming to visit whilst my husband's away..so we're gonna have some fun girl-time,too!!

Trish said...

Oh...I am so excited for you. Have a great time and do tell us all about it when your return.

Jann said...

Sounds like a very fun weekend! I'll add Fifi to my prayers! Have a great time! Hugs, Jann

Gone said...

Have a great time and prayers are being said right now for Fifi!!

~Blessings,
Jan

The Cinnamon Stick said...

I knew it.....there ARE two of you..Has to be to accomplish all that you do - design, blog, answer emails, create, Mom to FIVE BOYS, wife, friend to gosh knows how many...and NOW time to PLAY - I knew there were two of you...(big smile) Have a great time - enjoy every minute with your sweet friends.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn.. A exciting weekend planned... How nice for you...I will keep the prayers coming for all who are not well .....Sisters are coming tomorrow morning for breakfast brunch so I will have them say a special prayer{ a straight path to heaven is what I always think} Today I am in a foursome golf tournament benefit and will do my best....I am teamed with some good golfers so hope we dp well. You will be in my thoughts and will look forward to the sharing..... Have a great time.

Jennifer said...

WOW...So exciting Dawn!!!! Have a wonderful time! Watching Fifi in action should be a real treat!!! Enjoy, enjoy!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid Fifi is going to find herself on a stretcher headed to a hospital if her schedule does not ease up soon! I don't know how the woman does it! But I'm so glad for you. I'd love to meet her. She is so talented and seems so fun. Love what she can for a room! You girls have a wonderful time and then come tell us all about it.
Brenda

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

HOW EXCITING AND WONDERFUL AND EVER SUCH FUN....
LIFE IS A PICNIC,, AN ADVENTURE WITH EACH DAY OFFERING SOME SMALL AND AT OTHER TIMES NOT SO SMALL (A MAG SHOOT AFTERALL IS QUITE TOO- TOO YUMMY & THRILLING ).DELIGHTFUL BLESSINGS ALONG THE WAY....

CELEBRATE,,, ENJOY AND MAKE MANY MEMORIES AS EACH DAY IS OUR GLORIOUS GIFT...

TOOTLES,,,B

Lady Em said...

Oh cool, take a lot of pictures, and have a ton of fun!!!!!!!
Love ya'll!!!!!!
~Emily~

Lady Em said...

Oh cool, take a lot of pictures, and have a ton of fun!!!!!!!
Love ya'll!!!!!!
~Emily~

Curious Servant said...

It's over.

Thank you for your prayers.

Now I need to heal my family.

Pink Rufflez said...

Oh, what fun! Can't wait to hear
about this!

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Dawn dear
I have an award for your brilliant blog(:) hugs patty

A Wild Thing said...

What do you think that blue door would look like on a pink house...hmmmm...have fun playing with the gals...

sharon

Attic Clutter said...

Oh Dawn you are such a sweetheart (:)
..you are so welcome ..
big hugs Patty

Curious Servant said...

Thank you for your encouraging words and prayers.

Tina Leavy said...

how fun for you! I know all of you ladies shall have a grand time!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Dawn ~
What fun fun !!! I would love to watch Fifi at work !!
I can't wait to see Jean's home ~ you have to remind us about when it comes out in the magazine !!
Have a blast !
xoxo,
Lori

Fifi Flowers said...

WONDERFUL... Good Luck with your photo shoot!
Love the photo you posted... very sweet!
Enjoy!
Fifi Flowers

Vee said...

Sounds fantastic! Have a blast, okay?!!

Deb said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend! Hope Fifi is feeling better & you all have a wonderful time.

Teresa said...

Sounds like a dream weekend to me! Hope you have/had a great time and if possible, got filled with even more inspiration. Can't wait to hear about it all.

Naturegirl said...

How wonderful and inspiring to be witnessing a photo shoot for a magazine!! Exciting!
It is so nice to get together with a dear friend as you plan. Enjoy your time Dawn! Looking forward to hearing details when you return! hugs NG

Andrea said...

sounds like so much fun~ Have some fun for me too!

Lori said...

oh, how fun!! i hope Fifi is feeling better:)

Sarah said...

Hi
Just wanted to say hi!!

Have you seen my new blog the link to it is on my side bar.

Sarah

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

How exciting, I know you are having a great time! Hugs***Renea

Relyn Lawson said...

I was reading your post and Sloane suddenly exclaims, "What is that?!! It looks like a fairy garden!" Doesn't it just?


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...