Friday, July 11, 2008

Thank you so much sweet friends!!!


I want to thank each and every one of you wonderful friends for all the beautiful wishes for our grandbaby on the way!! The kindness here never ceases to touch my heart. What amazing friends! Thank you and I wish many blessings back to you all, you know that ~ I'll be sure and keep you posted to all the happenings as we await the little one's arrival!


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Thursday I was able to get out a bit and hit some of my favorite stores for a few supplies. First I went to Hobby Lobby and found my favorite glue stick ever ~ it's as cheap as dirt but I love it! I bought a few nests (not pictured), ribbon, big pebbles and some pretty beads to make my fancy straight pins and fairy wands . . . I did buy a few sheets of foam core and vellum to make a light box for taking photographs. I finished it up tonight and took these photos inside. I still had to adjust the color but it could probably be perfected. I take a lot of my pictures at night!!

Next I went to Joann's Etc. for a quick trip in to see if they had any more of those wonderful books with the CD's full of images. Well I found two that I LOVE! Plus a couple of clear stamp packs for 40% off! Another cool thing, I still had my coupon for 40% off on one item from Hobby Lobby, well I used it at Joann's on one of the books too!!! I love it when I'm able to save money ~ sorry for all of the photos, just let them load up so you can get an idea of what's inside these beautiful books . . .



































Well, at least you've seen inside if you'd like to order them online!!!
Thank you always for stopping by to see me. I enjoy blogging and sharing ideas with all of you! Thank you again for such sweet wishes for our grandbaby!!!
Happy Friday!!!! xxoo, Dawn

17 comments:

Lady Em said...

I love it all!!
I just wanted to thank you and everyone that has left us such awesome comments, blessings, and prayers for the baby and the family!!
Thank you so very much, it means the world to Brent and I, and this little one growing inside me!!
Much love, and many blessings,
~Emily~

Lady Em said...

P.S. You've been tagged, go to my page to find out!!

Lori said...

those books look great Dawn!!! i have a couple of books/CDs by that company that i never use...i will have to take a look at them with a fresh eye now, i haven't cracked them open in a while...

Trish said...

Wow...great books. Thanks for sharing them with us. I think you are going to be very busy in that creative world of yours Dawn. Wonderful new inspirations to come I am sure.

vikki said...

i am glad you got out and did some wonderful shopping! i sooo love the clear stamps ~ another collection of mine... and i have yet to buy the books with cds'. i will have to check them out, tho. they have gorgeous images and ideas! i have my coupons, too, and if i am out and about i use them! enjoy the mimi glow... it is wonderful! had a wonderful, fun lil 'o' day yesterday! have a lovely creative friday, yep, it is friday agin! =) much love, blessings, and hugs, vikki ♥

Unknown said...

I do have one of those books on the shelf...I also will pull it out and look with renewed interest. I LOVE the bees! I would love to hear more on the light box...we have so many grey skies, it would be nice to know how to take indoor picutes using a light box. Thanks again for sharing your goodies with us! Laurie

sistersoftheart said...

Congrats on the wee one! What a wonderful blessing!! Those books are wonderful. I use mine often and love printing the images on different types of paper.

Please elaborate on the light box. It is always interesting to see how other artists interpret now just what they do but how as well.

And Happy Friday to you, too!! Patte

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

You know what you are don't you?? You're a "Craft enabler"! and I love it! How would I know where to go to spend my money? And, a "sneek-peek"? Too perfect! I bought the last book you suggested and I love it - now I must go on Saturday to find these- luckily, we have a JoAnn's not too far. I can't wait to see what you do with the images..and what wonderful things you'll be making for the "new little one"!
Colleen

Becky said...

Dawn, I just love those clip art books. I have a couple and use them often. Perfect for using in charms.
I love the Hobby Lobby, except, I only get to go when I'm on a road trip with my sweetie. It is like 4hrs away. I wish they hade one here in Virginia.
Can't wait to see what you make with them.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Smiles,
Becky

Teri said...

I love these books. I got a deal on a 3 pack at a hospital book fair one time. I've never seen the Family one though. It looks great and I'll have to try to find one. Happy crafting!!

Nancy in CA said...

Thanks so much for sharing with the blogging community. What did we ever do without computers. Love the books! Just picked up Sommerset Studio ~ congratulations on the wonderful "Nesting" article.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun at HL and Michaels!!

Sandy said...

I have not seen the one by Paige Hill, will have to check that out, it looks like a must have!

I have a glitter question. Not all glitters are created equal! I am looking for glitter that is sparkly, fine, and see though when applied. I have bought three different kinds this past week, one is too iridescent looking and appears almost pinky, one is too heavy and you can't see the image behind it, and the other one is partially clear but it has little chunks in it. Do you have any ideas of a brand that will give you shine without covering up the image? My favorite vintage looking glitter is Mica Dust but it is for embellishment not covering a surface.

Thanks for any help!

Tina Leavy said...

the books look great.I know you'll come up with cool ideas using some of those graphics.

Relyn Lawson said...

Looks like you hit the jackpot. Please tell me more about the lightbox.

Heidi said...

Hi Dawn,
I have that Family book, also! It's great fun to use, and have wonderful seasonal images as well!
*Heidi*

Gail said...

Dawn I love those books with all the graphics!!! Joann's here I come!!!! :)


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...