Saturday, March 22, 2008

Well that really lasted long ~

How long did I last not selling antiques?? A few weeks?

Well, a wonderful friend Phyllis called me about a week ago. She and her husband own an antique mall in Griffin, Georgia, Antique Griffin, and wanted to know would I like to bring a few items to her store, just smalls, nothing big and sell them? Let's go back about ten years and believe it or not, this is the first store that I ever sold antiques in!! They've changed locations since then to a wonderful large space that used to be a piano store! I've always loved Antique Griffin and the new location is better than ever!

Well, truth be told, I said yes but only to a small spot, a set of shelves and I didn't really know the size of them when I first went to put a few items in. As you can see it looks quite pitiful now but I will show you a new photo soon when I load up and take more items in! I've also included a few photos of Antique Griffin just to give you an idea and promise to show you more on return trips.


Here are my set of shelves, I know, I know, it's looks rough right now but I promise I'll fill it up!!












Now, this is not to say I do not love The Plum Tree!!! I love Cindy and The Plum Tree but sometimes it's good for sales, to change locations ~ a whole new set of folks will be looking and I still have plenty of inventory.

I have to tell you though, The Plum Tree, right now, looks better than it ever has! If you are a customer you must drop in and see it all.......

3 comments:

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

I think it's the shopkeeper in our blood that keeps us coming back. ;-) A small antique store in the town next door to us moved into a cool old huge building and I couldn't help myself as I was walking through thinking, hmmm, just small space wouldn't be so bad would it? Thank goodness I heard the other day they filled all their spaces! LOL

Hugs and Blessed Easter Dawn dear.

Hugs
Gail

Lady Em said...

I didn't think you would be able to stay away from a store long! I love Antique Griffin. Your goodies are gonna sell like mad there.
(I love those wing back chairs.)
Happy Easter!! Love ya'll!!

Suzanne said...

What a cute shop, just the kind I like to poke around in. I'm going to second the "love" for those wing chairs. Now if I only still had the pick up truck to haul them back to Illinois!

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife


Labels

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...