- 4 teaspoons 40% less sodium taco seasoning
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers (you can substitute sharp cheddar if you don't want the heat)
- 2 tablespoons sliced jalapeno peppers (I say these are optional because there are peppers in the cheese)
1. Sprinkle taco seasoning over both sides of chicken.
2. Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot. Coat chicken with cooking spray, and add to pan. Cook approx. 7 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
3. Remove pan from heat; sprinkle chicken with cheese. Cover and let stand approx. 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Top each breast with jalapeno slices.
Yield: 4 servings, 1 chicken breast half per serving. (6 points on Weight Watchers)